Technology has disrupted financial services and the industry is being transformed. Our Fintech team is uniquely placed to help deliver your most exciting and complex finance and tech-related matters. We can help you utilize technologies such as block chain, smart contracts, artificial intelligence (AI) and big data to transform your operations, whilst considering the legal, ethical and practical risks.
We advise financial institutions, technology industry giants, and startups on the development, protection, distribution, and implementation of technology. Our advice covers aspect such as acquisition or investing into a fintech company, adopting a new technology.
Our experience enables us provide clients with pragmatic and commercial advice that complement the development of secure and compliant fintech solutions. With our understanding of financial products and the market, we:
- Assist you in structuring financial products, and advice on regulatory and compliance aspects.
- Anticipate and assist you in navigating the regulatory issues your business will encounter such as payment regulations, data processing regulations.
- Help you exploit and protect new technology, advice on strategic investments and alliances.
Advising all Fintech ecosystem participants
We advise established financial institutions and corporations, governments, regulators, trade bodies, industry-wide consortia and emerging players on a broad range of multi-disciplinary transactional, regulatory and contentious matters linked to Fintech.
Our areas of work include
- Artificial intelligence
- Capital raising and investment (including crowdfunding)
- Consumer protection
- Contract preparation and negotiation
- Data protection
- Debt equity & capital markets
- Dispute resolution
- eCommerce and internet services
- Financial services regulation
- Internet of things
- Intellectual Property
- Investments, including venture capital, equity capital market fundraising, private equity and debt finance
- Licensing, patenting and protection
- Payment services
- Tax structuring
- Technology development
- Technology, media and telecommunications