Managing Partner | Attorney
John is Managing Partner at the firm, and heads up the firm’s corporate and commercial department.
He provides legal and advisory services on Banking and Finance, Capital Markets, Commercial Contracts, Insurance, Investments, Mergers, Acquisitions & Divestitures, Private equity, Project finance, Public-Private Partnerships, and Restructuring.
His expertise also includes Administrative and regulatory compliance, Business Law, Corporate and commercial practice, Corporate Finance, Global mobility & Corporate Immigration, Intellectual Property & Innovation, Labour & Employment, Investment, Litigation & Alternative Dispute Resolution, and Tax.
John advises clients on a wide range of corporate/commercial matters and transactions in Africa, especially member countries of the Organization for the Harmonization of Business Law (OHADA).
His experience covers the following industries: Agribusiness, Financial Institutions, Fintech, Hospitality, Gaming & Leisure, Natural Resources (Oil & Gas, Power, Energy, Mining & metals), Small & Medium Sized Enterprises, Transport (Shipping & Maritime, Aviation, Roads), Real Estate & Property, and Telecommunications.
John also has experience in natural resources. He provides advisory and legal services in matters pertaining to oil & gas concessions, exploration, and forestry exploitation. He procures the necessary licenses and authorizations, advises clients on the environmental and local development aspects, and drafts lease agreements.
Bar Admission &Credentials
- New York State Bar
- University of Kent – LLB in English and French Law
- University of Sussex – Masters in European and International Commercial Law
- Golden Gate Bridge University – Masters in US Legal Studies
- Université de Paris X Nanterre – Diplôme d’Etudes Juridiques Appliquées (DEJA) – French Civil Law
- Cameroon Bar Association | Member
- New York Bar Association | Member
- AEA International Lawyers Network | Member
- International Trademark Association | Member