As a business, your brand is your core asset, one that needs to be aggressively monitored for counterfeiting/infringement, and protected. You need responsive attorneys who understand your company’s objectives as well as the multifaceted business dynamics in this sector. One thing that never goes out of style is the leading and pragmatic services offered by our luxury, fashion & beauty team. We protect our client’s brands and products by providing legal and advisory services with regard to all spheres in Commerce, Business, and Intellectual Property.
Since 1986, we have been a strategic legal business partner to some of the most respected and iconic luxury goods companies around the world. Our clients include regional and national brands, start-up companies, renowned designers, fashion houses, manufacturers who create, exploit and commercialize luxury, contemporary and casual clothing, footwear, headgear, and accessories, who we skillfully guide through the complexities in this sector. Our experienced team crafts strategic, practical, creative, and effective solutions for complex challenges and transactions which are inherent in the luxury sector.
We advise our clients on every aspect of their legal and business needs from product design, manufacturing, brand licensing, trademark, design and trade dress registration, sales, distribution, litigation and enforcement, as well as seizures of counterfeit goods. Business development is also prime as you have to set up manufacturing and supply chain, navigate imports, exports, and need insight on certification and retail laws. We also acquire a deep understanding of your business and work with you to anticipate, meet and overcome any challenges.
Our areas of work include but are not limited to:
- Company formation
- Corporate and business transactions
- Distribution and franchising
- Data protection and security
- Dispute resolution including contract disputes, distribution disputes, intellectual property disputes, and employment disputes;
- Employment and labor law
- Intellectual property: clearance, registration, maintenance, enforcement (copyrights, designs, domain names, trademarks, trade dress)
- License agreements
- Regulatory and compliance
- Strategic alliances & transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, and joint ventures
- Support for the launching of new products