Employment law manages one of the oldest and most fundamental aspects of commercial life being the relationship between the employee and employer. On one hand, it protects the rights and obligations of employees, and on the other, supports businesses. The Nico Halle & Co. Law Firm has an experienced employment team, and is well-known for its involvement in high-level matters.
Our employment team advises national, African and international companies on the full spectrum of contentious and non-contentious employment law, as well as pension and employee benefits. We can advise you on aspects such as the employment of expatriates, and global mobility. Our Employment team is highly skilled at helping you effectively manage the employment and labor law aspects of multi-jurisdictional corporate reorganizations, mergers and acquisitions.
Our Law Firm handles business transfers, restructuring, executive terminations, employment-related insolvency, liquidation, distress and business rescue matters, litigation and dispute resolution, works councils and unions and the employment aspects of all types of corporate transactions. We have an excellent record of handling high-profile disputes, and regularly engage in employment and labor cases at the civil court, labour inspectorate, severance issues and boardroom disputes, and disciplinary & grievance matters.
We do not only cover the traditional areas of employment law that many firms focus on, but also more specialist areas that are increasingly relevant in the current financial climate, such as remuneration, regulatory investigations and corporate governance.
For matters in different jurisdictions, we partner with our network of associates, thus ensuring that your legal requirements are handled promptly and in a seamless manner.
Our Advisory, Transactional and litigation areas of work include:
- Agency and contractor arrangements
- Corruption and compliance matters
- Corporate governance
- Drafting Employment policies and procedures, including Codes of Conduct; employment contracts, contractor agreements, and restraint of trade agreements
- Employment aspects inherent in transactions and cross-border M&A
- Employee fraud
- Employment and labor litigation, alternative dispute resolution such as mediation of employee claims, bonus disputes, protection of confidential information and restrictive covenants
- General counsel on all aspects of employment law
- Global mobility and immigration law
- Insolvency, liquidations and business rescue related to employment law
- Large and small-scale restructuring exercises and retrenchments
- Legal consultancy
- Negotiating and drafting executive and other employment agreements
- Recruitment and hiring
- Regulatory compliance, dismissal, unfair labour practice & discrimination disputes, and litigation.