We provide you with reliable legal and advisory services as a result of our profound industry knowledge, experience, as well as our creative and solution-oriented approach.
We advisethe media and entertainment industries on varied matters including corporate issues; acquisition, protection, exploitation, and enforcement of intellectual property rights; investment and financing matters; exploitation of media rights; regulatory and administrative issues;and dispute resolution.
We are retained by advertisers,banks, broadcasters, distributors, event promoters, franchise owners, individuals, international and national governing bodies, rights holders, sponsors, investors.
Our media & entertainment lawyers combine an in depth knowledge of the media industry with the deal flow and deal size of a leading law firm. We work on complex transactional and commercial deals including, litigation, antitrust and competition regulations, intellectual property, finance, capital markets and tax. What really sets us apart is our ability to provide our clients with commercial value in media business deals, including content distribution, production and financing.
As a leading law firm, with experience in corporate, data protection, dispute resolution, intellectual property, technology, and other disciplines that arekey to you, our media and entertainment lawyers are in position to provide you with expert knowledge, deep sector insight and first-rate service.
To support your business across the media sector, our dynamic team members can provide you with legal and advisory services in the media & entertainment sector be it digital commerce, entertainment, film, gambling, music, news, social media, or sports.
The gambling industry has been transformed by technology, leading to an online gambling landscape that is always changing. Our teamadvises business in the gambling sector on compliant exploitation in Cameroon, the OHADA jurisdiction, and other countries in the Central and West African region.
In addition to providing advisory services in gambling regulations, we are usually retained by our client to handle matters that touch on
- Commercial contracts
- Competition law
- Compliance, Regulatory and licencing requirements
- Consumer law
- Corporate transactions
- Company formation
- Dispute resolution
- Protection and exploitation of intellectual property rights
- Technology agreements, including platforms and infrastructure, and payment services
III. Advertising and Marketing
Advertising and marketing is one industry that is constantly evolving through the use of technological innovation. With this, it is important that your advertising campaign is not only a success, but compliant with local regulations.
Along with an in-depth industry knowledge and long-standing experience in advising on advertising and marketing matters, our team is in position to provide comprehensive advice tailored to your needs. Our extensive reach and reliable network of associates enables us provide you with seamless and prompt legal and advisory services, and navigate the intricate landscape and frameworks of advertising & marketing. We understand the need to provide you with clear, commercially astute, and practical advice on aspects such as:
- pre-clearance advice in relation to regulatory and legal compliance
- content liability, defamation and copyright ownership advice
- comparative advertising advice
- advice relating to user-generated content
- prize draws and competitions
- advertising-related disputes, both in relation to complaints regarding our clients’ advertising campaigns and complaints by our clients regarding those of others
- marketing and unfair trade practices rules (e.g. use of social media and social media data)
- reputation management issues, such as preventing and/or managing adverse media coverage
- corporate transactions for advertising and marketing industry participants
- the sale and acquisition of all forms of media space, including outdoor, print, broadcast and digital
The increasing convergence of sport and business involves an international and diverse community of investors, stakeholders, governments, multinational bodies, funders, consumer brands and, of course, sportspersons. Successful interaction among them depends on high-quality legal advice which is sensitive to the commercial and cultural environment of sport. Such advice is vital, for example, in acquiring and funding sports businesses, commercializing sports related rights, developing physical infrastructure and supporting the bodies that regulate and host events.
Combining our leadership and experience in the key areas of legal expertise in the sports arena, our sports team will accompany you in your business.