The African real estate market has become increasingly complex and advanced due to the changes in legislation, multi-party foreign investment and cross-border sales and purchases. Despite the varying external factors, the need for reliable legal and commercial advice based on technical expertise and perceptive insight remains consistent.
Our dedicated property and real estate lawyers provide strategic transactional support on a cross-border basis across the full range of real estate matters. We advise you on the full spectrum of complex issues throughout the property industry. We have been retained by a variety of borrowers, developers, institutional and regional lenders, investors, real estate trusts, landlords and tenants, and private clients.
We respond effectively to the challenges in the real estate and property sector due to our extensive experience in advising on property developments and projects. Our clients, many of whom are long-standing, recognize our dedication to providing practical and solution-driven advice.
We handle a wide variety of real estate transactions and our strong track record of working on some of the most high-profile and innovative real estate matters allows us to provide you with solutions that add value at all stages of property investments and development transactions.
We can be your legal and tactical consultative partners in the following areas of real estate & property:
- Advisory services in residential and commercial developments;
- Acquisitions and disposals of real estate assets
- Agricultural lands, including food and agribusiness
- Commercial and industrial leasing
- Compliance with national legislation and authorities regarding land issues
- Construction and engineering
- Contracts and sale of residential and commercial properties
- Dispute resolution and litigation
- Due diligence investigations
- Equity investment structures and joint ventures
- Hotels, hospitality and leisure
- Land and property titles
- Lease agreements, share block developments and fractional ownership
- Planning, logistics, land use regulation and environmental law
- Property management and structured title schemes
- Real estate debt financing, investment and facilities available to investors
- Real estate general property law
- Renewable energy projects, including solar and wind
- Residential, retail and mixed-use developments and projects
- Tax structures