Founded in 1986, the Nico Halle & Co. Law Firm a leading law firm in Cameroon, as well as a leading brand for legal services in the African Intellectual Property Organization (OAPI) region, and Africa. To read more about us, please visit https://www.hallelaw.com/the-firm/who-we-are/
We are hailed as a team of professional, dynamic, and innovative attorney. It is for this reason that our trademark / brand “Nico Halle & Co. Law Firm” has been shortlisted to participate in the 3rd edition of the OAPI Trademark awards.
Operating in a competitive market of 17 countries and more than 135 million consumers, during the year 2020 we have distinguished ourselves by our commercial potential, our notoriety with the public and especially our community involvement in times of crisis. Further, according to OAPI, “we are the very definition of a strong brand, possessing a distinctive identity and being a major asset to the market”.
What is the “OAPI Trademark Awards”
The OAPI Trademark Awards Ceremony is an event organized by the African Intellectual Property Organization (OAPI) for the promotion of the strategic use of intellectual property by businesses in member states. Consequently, the 2021 edition of the OAPI Brand Awards is organized under the theme “A strong brand, an asset for the market”.
Despite the Covid-19 crisis, there is an increased valuation of IP / intangible assets. As such a trademark remains a tool par excellence for business competitiveness. It is therefore very important to encourage African companies to integrate the intellectual property dimension into their management.
Through the Trademarks Awards, OAPI creates a platform and opportunity for businesses in member states to highlight their know-how in the use of the brand as a strategic intangible asset. The competition is open to all businesses established in OAPI member states and concerns brands created, protected and used / commercialized in OAPI member states.
Objectives of the Awards:
The Awards aim to raise awareness of the brand’s value as a tool for commercial competitiveness and to encourage its protection by companies by:
- encouraging the holders of trademarks registered each year at OAPI to compete;
- rewarding the efforts made by businesses in the Member States to protect and enhance their trademarks;
- promoting the innovation of the products or services covered by the trademarks;
- ensuring the promotion of trademarks registered with OAPI;
- encouraging the integration of the culture of industrial property in business development strategies;
- sensitizing participants and the public on the importance of the industrial property system in general and of trademarks in particular.
The Awards targets:
– Applicants and potential applicants (economic operators, micro-enterprises, SMIs / SMEs, associations and NGOs from Member States); Chambers of commerce, employers’ associations, national and international media; Attorneys licensed by OAPI; Consumers.
This competition rewards the following categories:
1st prize: The Grand Prize of the OAPI brand Awards.
2nd prize: The regional brand prize
3rd prize: The Audience Prize
Please visit the OAPI website or follow the link for more information http://www.oapi.int/oapimobile/index.html
To access the application forms for the 3 different categories, please visit: http://www.oapi.int/oapimobile/formulaire.html
- NICO HALLE & Co. LAW FIRM collaborates with ICLG for the 2021 Trade Marks Guide
- “Nico Halle & Co. Law Firm” Shortlisted for OAPI Trademark Awards
- Privacy protection in electronic communications under Cameroon Law
- Cameroon ratifies the Migration Agreement between the Government of The Republic Of Cameroon and The Swiss Federal Council
- Mass Media In Cameroon